Beat Makers Market the event is an innovative platform geared towards Artists and Music Producers to build successful business relationships. With a vast and diverse field of producers, the Beat Battles are something that bring the culture closer together while still forcing one another to up their game.
Due to COVID-19 the Beat Makers Market has taken its monthly beat battles online and for the month of June have partnered us for the Butan challenge.
BEAT MAKER OF THE YEAR BEAT BATTLE RULES
HOW IT WORKS:
• Log on to www.beatmakersmarket.com
• Download the sample from this page by clicking “Download Here” or clicking “Enter our Challenges” on the home page.
• Upload your beat on www.beatmakersmarket.com by clicking “Join the Community” and filling out the form and clicking Upload when you are finished.
• The Beat maker Of The Year Beat battles are open to people living in South Africa, once you’ve been selected by the judges as a winner of our challenges you’re responsible for your own transport and accommodation to the Grand Finale
• One beat per person
– extra entries are allowed but must be labelled “Non-entry” in the track title.
– entries posted after the deadline must be labelled as ‘late entry’ in the track title.
• Flip the chosen sample any way you want.
• Allowed: outside drums and bass, vocal shots, cuts/scratches, fx like crackle etc.
own recorded and/or played vocals, instruments, synths.
• Not allowed: outside acapellas or added samples unless stated.
• Beats should be no longer than 3:30
• Beat must be DOPE!
• A panel of special guest and/or celebrity judges selects the winner and finalists. Judging Criteria includes: diverse production skills, creativity, originality, sound quality and complying with rules.
The deadline for submissions is 12am Saturday 27 July 2020. Winners will be contacted Wednesday 1 July 2020.
Head to the Beat Makers Market Sample Challenge website for full details.
Visit the Beat Makers Market website and follow them on social media to stay updated